Friday, November 19, 2004

Some 20 years ago we were visiting an aunt and uncle. We wanted to take them out for dinner. "Why should we go out? We have plenty of food here." Then, we offered to take them out for dessert. "Why should we go out? We have plenty of dessert here."

We remember that encounter often, first as a gentle mocking and then as a realization that we're becoming them. We have plenty of food, plenty of dessert. We try to break the routine, but the Newton's first law of motion is strong.

This morning we received the first of four cords of wood. The price is very good. It's green, but will be good by the spring.

I didn't quite make my work deadline yesterday. I was slow getting back to full stride and didn't get done all that I'd hoped. I expect to have this stage of the work completed by Monday afternoon.

Speaking of which, it's time to go there.

No comments:

Blog Archive