Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Day. Finally. Sandra and I will vote this morning on our way to work. I recently learned that the New Hampshire towns of Hart's Location and Dixville Notch started the tradition of voting at midnight because so many of the people in those small towns work for the railroad and wouldn't be able to vote during normal hours. Those two towns typically vote Republican. This year is no different.

Our seventh grandchild is due tomorrow. Lynn will go to the hospital in the early morning. We'll feed the other kids in the evening and then go to the hospital to meet the new little one.

Over the weekend a friend gave me a pound of Roaster Boy coffee. It's a rich and smooth blend, strong enough to rally the troops at the start of the day.

Morning frost is routine now. The weekend forecast suggests that we may see a bit of snow. Our snow blower still needs a tune-up.

At work I'm handing off old assignments so that I can work full-time on my new project. I have a meeting this morning with another writer to discuss the transfer. After that I will try to find a conference room with a big white board where I can sketch out my ideas. It's a time of creative thrashing.

Sandra gave me a mirror so that I can see behind me as people come into my office. I've read that mirrors are the aspirin of feng shui.

No comments:

Blog Archive