Wednesday, October 20, 2004

There are lots of tired, but happy folks around the office these days. The Red Sox, with their mix of superstars and Joe Bag-of-Donuts players, have captivated even the most casual fan. Even when one of the stars stumbles, someone else will find enough talent and strength to keep the team in the game.

Now if only they could do something about these late night games. When I was a boy (oh, geez), the World Series games were played in the afternoon. A friend had the first color TV of anyone we knew. The kids in the neighborhood would gather at Ron's home (a trailer on top of a small hill) to watch the games after school.

Sandra, her father, and her siblings will go to her aunt's funeral in New Hampshire. Sandra's brother's wife will stay with MRM and daughter-in-law Lynn will visit mid-day. We observed that we now have just one aunt remaining, my mother's sister.

I may be picking up an interesting, but gnarly project at work. Yesterday I reviewed the state of my work so that I could hand off my current projects in order to take on this new one. I should hear more next week.

I've been listening to news on NPR during my (much shorter) commute. Last week Sandra passed along a recorded book that she'd found to be very funny - Carl Reiner's My Anecdotal Life. Indeed, Reiner is a very funny guy. See http://tinyurl.com/674yx for more info.

No comments:

Blog Archive