Thursday, September 16, 2004

After a very long wait (nearly three hours!), Sandra's parents, her sibilings, and sundry spouses met with the surgeon who will perform MRM's back surgery next week. It was a successful meeting, in that all questions were answered and the family felt that it was a team coming together for an important purpose. Everyone came back to the house for pizza afterwards.

My work days are starting to fill up with meetings, both regularly scheduled and ad hoc. Some meetings are more organized than others. Most tend to start late, but end on time, and are rarely longer than an hour.

It still seems like a luxury to be working just 40 hours per week.

I've done nothing to personalize my cubicle. I brought in a couple of reference books, but have added no pictures or other personal items. My desk, for those who've seen my offices in the past, is uncharacteristically tidy. As is typical these days, my work stuff is on a laptop, so I can be as productive in a conference room or at home as I am in the office.

No comments:

Blog Archive