Monday, June 28, 2004

Today is decision day. I have the one contract offer and am waiting to learn if another offer is in the queue. I could start work as early as 6 July. I'll make the decision this afternoon.

We had a very nice weekend. The Phillipston Historical Society organizes a house and garden tour each year. This year the tour focused on homes near the lake. We saw some wonderful properties, toured the remains of a 19th century textile mill, and had a fine lunch at the former site of the Queen Lake girls' camp.

Sandra's folks have gone back to the island for a few weeks. They'll come down later in July for a doctor's appointment and then return to the island a week or so later. What an ambitious schedule. I get tired just writing about it.

We're planning a Fourth of July party at the camp. We've sketched out the menu. I'll do the shopping this week. Last year's party was a great deal of fun. The long-range forecast calls for good weather on that day. I have a bit of work on the dock to make it ready for the fun. We also assembled a float that we'll anchor in the cove. We'll have Mike, Matt, & Joe stay with us overnight after the party.

No comments:

Blog Archive