Wednesday, June 02, 2004

I've started an online Perl course and have found it challenging. Some of the logical operators aren't. (The online course and a Perl reference book differ slightly in their description of the behavior of some of the operators.) It feels good to use my brain in this way.

In addition, I'm planning to take an intensive, three-day course that will prepare me for the project management certification test. The application for the test requires that I provide a lot of detail about my previous project work, including start and end dates, information that I don't have at the ready. Fortunately, Cathy was able to provide me with the GA dates for the Rational releases. I will complete the application this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I will then have to wait until I am given the authorization to take the test before I will sign up for the course.

There's a good chance that it will take me through the summer to locate a job. I have several applications in the queue and talk with people regularly. Now that the weather is warming up, I may also start spending days at the camp. I have several projects related to the dock and patio that will keep me busy for a while. We still haven't heard from the engineering firm that is supposed to be installing our new septic system. They're not returning my phone calls, either.

No comments:

Blog Archive