Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Sandra and Marley left for PEI at 4:38 this morning. Sandra makes good time when driving on this trip, so they should be at the MacGregors' within 12 hours, perhaps 11. There is a webcam on the Confederation Bridge that connects the island with New Brunswick. It's our dream to be able to see a traveler cross the bridge. Sometimes our dreams are rather modest.

So, how will I spend my five days as a bachelor? Well, on Friday and Saturday, I have work to do at the Amherst College reunion weekend. I'll go to the camp at least for Saturday night and perhaps others as well. This morning I'll help Mike prepare some invoices and give him some troubleshooting tips with his computer. And, oh, yes, I need to start running again. I'm scheduled to run another 5K late in June.

I attended a negotiation workshop at DBM yesterday. While there, I talked with another laid-off IBMer and learned about a course that will prepare me for the PMI (Project Management Institute) test. According to thie person, IBM will reimburse me, up to $2500, for the cost of the course. I will make some phone calls to find out more.

No comments:

Blog Archive