Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Emerging from the woods in a different place

You might wonder what a vacation means to a guy who is out of work. Well, it means a lot of goodness. We made a quick trip to PEI to visit with Sandra's parents and then spent most of two weeks (excepting some rainy days) at the camp. With the vacation came a lot of fun, good rest, and hopeful thinking. One of the ideas that came from the vacation was that I should contact an attorney friend (and former co-worker) about the possibility of doing some patent research work. I sent a note yesterday and received an enthusiastically positive response. We also discussed some courses that I might take that would help me with the work.
Naturally, the prospect of working, and of taking on a new kind of work at that, has a roller coaster quality. Much of the time, I feel as though I'm ready. Then, when I'm awake at 12:30 at night, I wonder if I'm as ready as I thought I was. It's good to remember that roller coaster cars rarely come off the tracks and that people rarely fall out of the cars. So, if I believe that the wheels are locked on the track and that my safety bar is in place, I can enjoy the ride. Here goes.

No comments:

Blog Archive