Monday, September 08, 2008

Even more on pharmacies

OK, so, I look through the advertisements in the Sunday papers and see that Rite-Aid, our neighborhood chain pharmacy, is offering a deal on vitamins. Vitamins are good for us.

I make my way to the store and then to the vitamin aisle. The sticker on the Nature Made vitamin shelf says BOGO .00. I look around. There are BOGO signs in lots of places. I go back to the front of the store, pick up the flier, find the ad (above), and then, shocking as it may seem, I ask for help from a clerk. "Are these items on sale, buy one, get one free?" I ask.

"Yes," she replies.

"Ah. BOGO. Buy One. Get One."

"Yes. We're trying to educate the customers on what BOGO means."

Uh, huh. Bogo.




Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Lori said...

That's interesting. I first heard the term "bogo" as part of a Payless Shoes commercial years ago. (Like when I was in college, years ago.) Now, they roll it out at least twice a year as the center of their ad campaign. Not that I've ever thought about it til now, but it surprises me to think they wouldn't have trademarked it.

Blog Archive